The Harrisburg Bureau of Fire operates out of three stations and the office located in the McCormick Public Safety Building at 123 Walnut Street in Harrisburg, PA.
Office personnel are the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, Fire Chief’s Administrative Aide, Fire Safety Education and the Fire Inspector.
Station One is located at 1820 North Sixth Street. Located in the Uptown section of the City, it houses Wagon 3, Tower 2, Boat 1, Raft 1, and Tower 3 (reserve).
Wagon 3 is a 2008 Pierce Arrow XT 1500 gpm/500 gal. Pumper. Tower 2 is a 2002 KME 81’ Ladder/Tower.
Station Two is located at 140 North Sixteenth Street. Located in the Allison Hill section of the City, it houses the Battalion Chief, Wagon 4, Tower 1, Engine 2 (reserve) Rescue 1 and a Dauphin County Haz-Mat Unit.
Wagon 4 is a 1997 Seagrave 1250gpm/500gal. Pumper. Tower 1 is a 75’ Aerialscope on a 2008 Pierce Arrow XT. The BC’s car is a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. Rescue 1 carries tools and equipment for C-space, Trench, Rope Rescue and Building Collapse.
Station Six is located at 332 South Second Street. Located in the Downtown section of the City, it was closed permanently on April 23rd, 2014. Tower 3 was placed out of service and placed in reserve status. Tower 3 is a 2002 KME 95’ Ladder/Tower, 1500gpm/150gal. Quint.
Station Eight is located at Thirteenth and Howard Streets in the Allison Hill section of the City. It houses Squad 8 or simply “The Squad”.
Squad 8 is a 2012 Pierce Arrow XT Rescue/Engine consisting of 1500gpm/500gal., Amkus Ultimate rescue system and an assortment of rescue tools.
Page Last Updated: Oct 13, 2014 (17:45:00)